All you have to do is create a couples account and book a Weddings of Canberra Vendor between now and the 31st of August and you’ll go in the draw to win 1 of 2 Date Night Packages at one of our favourite Canberra hotels!!
Once you’ve booked a vendor, email us on email@example.com with the details
of your booking and you’re all set.
Congratulations on your engagement!
My name is Berenice which people often find hard to pronounce so I always introduce myself by name when we meet, just to help you out! I often get, Berreniece but have also had; Denise, Bernadette, Vanessa, Beveris, Benty, Bernina,- just to name a few!
My colleagues and friends describe me as funny, capable, relaxed, reliable, genuine and supportive.
Recently retired from the APS I bring a wealth of experience and skills to my work as a celebrant which was acquired over a varied career that began in nursing, moved to teaching and then into dispute and complaint resolution. I am a wife and a Mum, and more recently a Granny to two perfect little people!
I thoroughly enjoy working with couples to create unique and special ceremonies that celebrate their love and commitment to one another. I am highly flexible as I understand life can be busy and that’s without planning a wedding! I give your day my full attention because once booked I will not accept any other bookings for your day.
There is no mystery to getting married. While there are some legal requirements you can basically include whatever you like. Your ceremony can be long, short, with or without other symbolic ceremonies, and with as many or as few people as you wish to include. I will be completely guided by you to ensure your wedding happens just as you want it to.
Planning a wedding can be hectic and sometimes quite stressful so it is really important to choose a celebrant you are comfortable with and have full confidence in. For this reason I offer a free no obligation first meeting so you can see if I will be a good fit for what you have in mind for your wedding day.
Also and to save you the worry, I am boosted and good to go!
Being your celebrant is much more than an hour on the day and I offer two packages one of which may suit you- see below:
1. A full ceremony includes;
• A no-obligation initial meeting to ensure you are eligible to marry and hear your ideas for what you envisage for your wedding ceremony.
• A clear and total focus on you and your day by only accepting your booking for your chosen date.
• Unlimited communications either, face to face, through video calls, emails, texts or phone calls.
• Development and delivery of your personalised ceremony which I will create in collaboration with you to ensure it includes all that you prefer and the legal requirements of a marriage. This may also include incorporation of other rituals or ceremonies that are reflective of you or your family’s culture or heritage i.e. handfasting, sand blending, sealed wine box or love letters.
• Advice, guidance and support in selecting the details of your ceremony including the development of your vows.
• Completion and lodgement of all required documents including; a commemorative marriage certificate which you and your witnesses will sign on the day.
• A rehearsal at your venue on a nominated day prior to your wedding day.
• Attendance at your venue on your chosen day (arriving no less than 30 minutes prior to the commencement of your ceremony) and delivery of the agreed ceremony.
• Provision of an electronic ‘keepsake’ version of your ceremony in a post ceremony email, which will also include details on the process for applying for your official marriage certificate.
• Use of my PA for the ceremony which includes a hand held microphone for you to use, and which also allows for music to be played, if required.
• Use of a signing table and two chairs with white covers, if required.
• Access to a kit of last minute items including but not limited to; tissues, safety pins, blue tac, sticky tape, needle and thread, pens, water, mints, deodorant, chocolate, hair brush, mirror, chewing gum, glasses cleaner, bubbles; stickers (for children), hand sanitiser, wet wipes & scissors.
• Matching my outfit to your bridal party and overall colour theme, to ensure I blend in.
The cost of a full ceremony is $800.
Please note: Once the deposit is paid this secures your date and also means I will not accept any further bookings for that day.
2. An elopement or legals only ceremony includes;
• A no-obligation initial meeting to ensure you are eligible to marry and hear your ideas for what you envisage for your elopement or legals only ceremony.
• Delivery of a short ceremony that meets the legal requirements of a marriage.
• Completion and lodgement of all required documents.
• Attendance at your venue on your chosen day.
• A follow up email which will also include details on the process for applying for your official marriage certificate.
The cost of an elopement or legals only ceremony is $600.
*All celebrants are required to complete professional development each year in our own time and at our own cost. We also need to have insurance and maintain our registration that allows us to operate, again at our own cost.